Pages

Protected by Copyscape Online Copyright Protection Software

Monday, December 10, 2018

What Is Left

I woke and met a stranger in my brain.
The life I had once found shelter in, collapsed
The Who of Me was stripped, raw and bare

Life has a way of  eventually exposing us all, doesn't it.
For most it may be a more gradual process.
I  certainly would have preferred a gentle evolution
but, someday, we all must learn to live with What Is Left.

This is Stroke Recovery for me -
sifting through what remains.
Trying to make it something meaningful,
even though I never would have chosen it.

Some days I find a certain grace in the remnants.

When Why's have no answer
they may then be translated into How's.

What Is Left leaves no hiding places.
There is no capacity for the counterfeit.
What feels raw and bare
is what is Real.
  Primal.

All of my Doing was rendered into Being.
And although I do not yet know how to Be,
gracefully
there is a certain freedom in being fragmented.

So maybe, after all
What Is Left, is what is Meant To Be.





No comments: